Deciding which iodine to purchase can be overwhelming. Some people have no idea what iodine is, others have learned a bit but still aren’t sure how much to take or which extra supplements they need. If you want to order something now so you have it, Lugols 2% is what most people start with.
There are a three main things to look at when trying to pick which iodine is best for you. Type, Brand and Strength
Types of Iodine
Brands of Iodine
3rdi Iodine Solutions
- Preferred by most knowledgeable groups I’ve seen.
- Is fresher, more potent and darker than most others.
- Excellent customer service.
- Fast shipping with shipping cap and a rubber dropper that doesn’t deteriorate.
- Claims to be the “Original Lugols” (it’s not)
- Doesn’t use shipping cap
- Uses a rubber dropper that degrades
- Solution is lighter than others and not as potent
Strengths and Blends
Lugols-define 2% strength
- Great for beginners or people taking low doses
Lugols-define 5% strength
- Handy for almost any dose
- Great for transdermal absorption
- Great if you like expensive things
If you are only using iodine on your skin, SSKI-define may be better to avoid colored stains. If you travel a lot, pill form might be best. Otherwise, Lugols-define is always the preferred option.