At this point, we either see whats going on with cancer, or we’ll most likely never figure out whats going on in the world around us. But once we understand what our body is trying to do with proper building blocks via food and environment, we just want to to figure out which nutrients are most likely going to give us a hand.
Although it’s test pool was very small, 85 people is still a lot of people. When a group of cancer patients had their iodine levels tested, 97.6% of them were iodine deficient.
From https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/28441792. Cancer patient’s iodine levels:
They based iodine deficiency on a World Health Organization’s standard for amounts of iodine excreted in the urine. We’ll let it slide for now, but who is to say those numbers are correct? Very few people are studying iodine but now they know how little we need? The RDA is based on preventing goiter, one of many iodine deficiency symptoms.
Heart hormones may treat cancer. Iodine helps us regulate hormones. 1
Some researchers think that iodine deficiency might also increase the risk of other cancers such as prostate, breast, endometrial, and ovarian cancer. 2
The prostate has thyroid hormone receptors, just like three other types of tissue associated with increased cancer risk due to iodine deficiency. 3
Research indicating iodine deficiency playing a role in ovarian, breast, endometrial and prostate cancers. 4
Synthetic vitamin A helps radioactive iodine into prostate cancer cells. 5 But maybe restoring our vitamin A levels with nutritional balancing and allowing iodine into cells would be a better route?
- Hormones Produced By Heart Eliminated Human Cancers In Most Mice Treated - https://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2008/02/080226104403.htm
- Iodine - Uses, Side Effects, and More - https://www.webmd.com/vitamins/ai/ingredientmono-35/iodine
- Prostate – The Most Troublesome Gland - https://www.arizonaadvancedmedicine.com/articles/2013/june/prostate-8211-the-most-troublesome-gland/
- Iodine Supplement Information & Facts - http://www.diethealthclub.com/dietary-supplements/iodine-supplement.html
- Retinoic Acid-Induced Stimulation of Sodium Iodide Symporter Expression and Cytotoxicity of Radioiodine in Prostate Cancer Cells - https://academic.oup.com/endo/article/144/8/3423/2502128
Leave a Reply
You must be logged in to post a comment.[nextend_social_login]