Boron is not part of the protocol, but maybe it should be.
- It may help some people absorb and utilize vitamin D
- It helps magnesium absorption into our bones, where 60% of our magnesium is found
- Studies show safe and effective use towards osteoarthritis
- Allows some people to quit using their pain killers
- Protects against pesticide driven oxidative stress
- Low brain electrical activity is linked to low boron
- Boron can help with heavy-metal toxicity
- May help with high homocysteine and low SAMe
- May help with NAD+ which is connected to vitamin B3
- Helps cell membrane health in a handful of ways
- Dietary boron is inversely correlated with prostate cancer incidence1
- Women from boron-rich areas had no indicators of cervical cancer2
- Boron levels correlated with lung cancer, similar to HRT 3
- Induction of Cancer-cell Apoptosis4
- Treatment of Multiple Myeloma and Non-Hodgkin’s Lymphoma 5
More information about boron
Which to buy
Boron comes in several forms and is pretty cheap. I was using this Pure Encapsulations Boron Glycinate for a while https://amzn.to/2G93i3h, but realized recently that Nestle apparently bought this company.
When I need to re-order, I’m going to try this one that has 3 forms of boron https://amzn.to/3n7t8oJ.
And then I’ll probably stick with this Now brand version for a while https://amzn.to/3jncYVT
20 Mule Team Borax
Borax is commonly known as a laundry booster. It has natural properties that allow it to help in cleaning situations but it is technically a salt, not any type of cleaner. Lots of people consume Borax in the appropriate amounts as a much cheaper option of boron supplementation. I tried borax water for a while but was not happy with the way my body responded. It made my kidneys hurt and would make everything smell fishy, which was pretty odd. A bottle of boron is about $10 and lasts a while so I just use those. I like to move slow with any supplement anyway, so I don’t take anything every single day.
Methods of producing a solution with Borax are available on the net. Borax is available on Amazon.
Ionic Boron with 72 Trace Minerals
Available on Amazon.
I have never noticed ionic nutrients working after testing them a lot of times. But I have noticed various supplements work so many times. It may just be me, but the ionic trace mineral thing doesn’t seem to do anything for me.
- Nothing Boring About Boron – Integr Med (Encinitas). 2015 Aug; 14(4): 35–48. – https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC4712861/
- Effects of dietary boron on cervical cytopathology and on micronucleus frequency in exfoliated buccal cells – Environ Toxicol. 2007 Feb;22(1):17-25. doi: 10.1002/tox.20229. – https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/17295277/
- Hormone use and risk for lung cancer: a pooled analysis from the International Lung Cancer Consortium (ILCCO) – Br J Cancer. 2013 Oct 1;109(7):1954-64. doi: 10.1038/bjc.2013.506. Epub 2013 Sep 3. – https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/24002594/
- Review Anticancer Agents Med Chem. 2013 Jul 1;13(6):901-9. doi: 10.2174/18715206113139990124. – Sugar-borate esters–potential chemical agents in prostate cancer chemoprevention – https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/23293883/
- New approaches to management of multiple myeloma – Review Curr Treat Options Oncol. 2014 Jun;15(2):157-70. doi: 10.1007/s11864-014-0276-6. – https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/24578203/