Updated March 24, 2020 to include more information about nebulizing.
After an estimated 30 million people died in the 1918 Influenza Pandemic, governments around the world spent 25 years studying influenza viruses looking for the best agent to kill the viruses. Iodine incorporated into masks, solutions, aerosols, and oral preparations could help to kill influenza viruses and fight off an influenza Pandemic. In 1945, we knew iodine vapor was a great way to reduce viral spreading during pandemics, but for some reason, this isn’t being advertised today. Dietary iodine found in iodized salt is below the amounts needed to fill mucus defense roles. To protect themselves, people wishing to boost their defense against infections should supplement their diets with iodine in the form of Lugol’s.
If the subject of iodine is new to you, or you have not been able to start supplementing with the iodine protocol, join us in the following Facebook group:
A link to the original article Iodine: the Forgotten Weapon Against Influenza Viruses
Takeaways from the article
- Iodine was the superior anti-septic that at low concentrations killed the airborne viruses that cause influenza, without toxicity.
- Iodine was the most effective agent for killing viruses, especially influenza viruses.
- They recommended that medical personnel have iodine-aerosol-treated rooms for examination and treatment of highly infected patients.
- They suggested that impregnating masks with iodine would help stop viral spread.
- Hand washing is more effect when done with mild iodine solutions.
- Putting iodine on mice snouts prevented the mice from being infected with live influenza virus in mists.
- Extremely high doses of iodine can have serious side effects, but only a small fraction of such extreme doses are necessary to kill influenza viruses.
- Iodine in the blood ends up in mucus secretions where it can wait and help defend against bacteria and viruses.
- Iodine has been known as a universal antiseptic for 150 years.
- Iodine kills bacteria, viruses, fungi, protozoa, and even spores of bacteria and fungi, including anthrax spores. Iodine was used successfully against influenza, herpes, small pox, and chicken pox viruses.
- No organism develops resistance to iodine.
- Watery solutions such as Lugol’s are the superior germicides.
- The 1918 Pandemic was unusual in that it affected young healthy men, especially soldiers. – I personally find this very interesting, due to the connection between EMF radiation and illness. We just happened to begin communicating with military airplanes and submarines via EMF radiation months before this pandemic. Soldiers would have been exposed to this new radiation at a much higher rate.
Other information about viruses
- Dr. Shiva has made statements that large doses of Vitamin A and Vitamin D have been knocking the virus down in just several days. Vitamin A usually requires the help of Zinc to function properly. I do not prescribe, so anyone interested will have to research this further on their own.
- Here is an article about some vitamins that help boost the immune system. http://theconversation.com/5-ways-nutrition-could-help-your-immune-system-fight-off-the-coronavirus-133356
- I have seen several mentions about drinking warm liquids every 20 minutes to ‘wash’ down any viruses that are in our throat. Having proper stomach acid is important in general, but also while avoiding viruses.
- If heavy mucus has developed, this needs to be taken care of or it is harder to treat the illness. A supplement called NAC is known to destroy mucus very well.
- Proper methylation is required to keep our immune system strong, starting with proper folate(NOT as folic acid), b12, protein and magnesium are huge players in methylation. Head over to my other site https://sickoftired.com/methylation/ for an easy introduction to methylation, a video or two, and links to Dr. Ben Lynch’s resources on the topic.
- While studying warts, which are viruses, I found several mentions about an amino acid called L-lysine helping our body fight viruses. This can be purchased by itself or in an amino-acid complex.
- I have been nebulizing iodine for the past several weeks as a virus prevention and general health measure. I started with 1 drop of 2% of Lugols iodine per 10ml of quality bottled water and slowly worked my way up to about 3 drops of 5% per 10ml which is rather strong. I do not typically finish the entire batch of 10ml of water.
What is Nebulizing?
Humans have been nebulizing for 150 years and it is simply the act of turning liquid medicines into a vapor so they can be introduced into the lungs, throat and nasal passages. Oddly enough, this is very similar to inhaling smoke of a cigarette or other substances. The smoke or vapor is in a form that our lungs can interact with and transport into our blood stream. Pubmed: A history of nebulization.
SSKI (super saturated Potassium Iodide) a form of iodine(lugols is safe too) has been nebulized for a long time to help clear the lungs of various substances including yeast, fungus and mold infections and more. Unfortunately, once a virus has defeated our defense mechanisms and is exploiting our cells as it replicates, iodine and nebulizing iodine will not have much beneficial effects. But other nutrients, like glutathione and various vitamins may be able to get to work quicker if we nebulize them. I have nebulized vitamin C, B12 and others, but I did research and confirmed that I was using the right form of each.
When I get home from going out in public, I wash my hands and nebulize Lugols.
Using a nebulizer allows us to easily directly inhale substances. But we can also use other methods to get these substances into the air where we can breathe them in. Humidifiers work similar to nebulizers, and allow us to vaporize the liquid medicines or nutrients. Adding the substances to a pot of water and heating it till it generates steam can work also, but high temperatures should be avoided as they may just ‘burn’ the nutrients off very quickly or even convert them into other substances. If none of these methods are available, we can also saturate a rag or other clean cloth with a substance and place it over our head, or nose/mouth and breathe.
Although there are a lot of substances that are safe to inhale via this method, precaution should be taken and small doses should be tested at first to make sure a person does not have some type of reaction. The information provided here is not to be taken as medical advice and a little research should be done before trying any of these methods. I personally have used them all without any issue, but I always do a quick search before hand and start slow.
Purchasing a nebulizer during a pandemic may not be easy. Any models that I have used or heard good reviews about, are not currently available, or will not ship for a long time. There is not much involved in finding a nebulizer unit though, they all do essentially the same thing, but some are designed for daily use, and some are designed for portability. I have a portable unit and find it much easier to clean between uses.
These are just examples of ones that may ship sometime soon. You may have to search the net or your favorite supply for items like this.
Other related resources
Reduced Respiratory Syncytial Virus Disease Severity with iodine https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3930944/
Iodine in the Treatment of Malaria, Kala-Azar and Small-Pox: https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC5178600/
New to iodine? I created a simple video that explains symptoms of iodine deficiency and a general idea of what it is, why its missing from our diet, and how people get started. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1QBUOdgzFS4
I have a question
As much as I would love to go further with this, I am only going to ask a question, and ask everyone to ask themselves the same thing.
Why is mainstream media and our medical mafia not talking about iodine while our economy is collapsing and the world is in panic over a virus?
Thank you for reading.